Remote WordPress & Laravel developer
We’re a small team with a big impact. The Idea Bureau was founded in 2013 and has been designing and building stand-out products for organisations worldwide, including the United Nations, the NHS and the National Children’s Bureau to name a few.
We’re looking to grow our remote team with a remote, full-time WordPress & Laravel developer to help support existing client work and lead new development projects. Occupying a key role in the team, you’ll be helping shape our process and collective success.
- Remote (UK based)
- Up to £40k (DOE)
As co-workers we’ll all:
- Seek to learn new things, and share what we’ve learnt to ensure we’re collectively evolving.
- Be able to communicate well with our colleagues and clients alike.
- Be able to plan and manage our own time and projects using tools such as Notion.
- Work individually or as a team to meet client expectations.
As a web developer you:
- Will play a proactive role in supporting existing projects, ensuring our clients continue to gain value from their products and our expertise.
- Will be involved with project builds, both leading from start to finish and supporting ongoing projects.
- Have a background in WordPress and Laravel development, ideally with experience in designing, building and consuming APIs.
- Have a good working knowledge of MySQL, with a focus on database design, performance and scalability.
- Think about development in terms of scalable systems instead of rigid pages.
- Have good knowledge of deployment processes, with a focus on reliability and quality assurance.
- Understands code review processes, both receiving and reviewing that of others.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Server infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Linode, Debian, Laragel Forge etc)
- Front-end design implementation experience
- Remote working
- Have experience with Vue.js
- Test-driven development
- Laravel Nova
- A starting salary of up to £40k, DOE
- Pension contributions
- Equipment and remote working setup budget
- 25 days holiday
- Your birthday off
- Bank holidays and two weeks for Christmas off (in addition to holiday allowance)
- Time dedicated to learning and internal projects
- Flexible working hours
Who are we looking to apply?
Applicants must be based in the UK, and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and walks of life.
If there are gaps in your skill set don’t let that put you off from applying, we’re looking for someone who loves to learn, impart their own knowledge, and grow with the team.
What direction is the company taking?
We’re continuing to build our client portfolio of charities, public sector and commercial organisations, and we look forward to having you on this journey with us. We’re also in the process of defining and offering a new range of consultative products, along with a range of SaaS projects planned, all of which you’ll have an opportunity to influence and contribute to.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February 2023.
Strictly no recruiters or agencies.